Strategy 1 - We will develop a community partnership in order to improve communication, understanding, commitment, and trust necessary to achieve the mission and goals of the district.
* Promote and sustain an open line of communications with the community
* Provide a program of increased community/parental involvement with our schools
* Update and distribute procedures for emergency or crisis situations
* Identify newsworthy events and programs, and prepare media campaigns to support or publicize them.
* Improve the quality of customer service in Edison Local Schools.
Student and Teacher Performance Goal
Strategy 2 - We will utilize research-based programs that support student and teacher learning.
* Align curriculum and instruction with the Ohio Academic Content Standards
* Provide all students with 21st century skills through enhanced curriculum and instruction which allows students to learn at their own pace.
* Increase OAT and OGT test scores each year by 5 percent.
* Utilize job-embedded professional development to improve student and teacher learning.
* Analyze value-added data to make pertinent instructional and curricular decisions at the classroom level. (Not a Teacher Evaluation Tool)
Strategy 3 – We will develop and implement a spending plan to ensure the district is fiscally sound through efficient spending.
* Establish appropriate public/private partnerships for school funding.
* Find alternative ways to deliver educational programs to generate additional funding.
* Review annually the five-year forecast plan regarding the General Fund income and expenses to insure adequate financial resources for the district.
* Pass our Renewal Emergency Levy by 2010 in order to secure adequate funding for the district.
Strategy 4 - We will continue to maintain existing facilities and also work with the Ohio School Facilities Commission to secure a new building that will benefit all stakeholders in the district.
* Pass a Bond Issue to build a new state of the art building.
* Properly maintain existing facilities to ensure the safety of all students.
* Establish a schedule of preventative maintenance for structural, mechanical, electrical, and site.
* Follow all state and federal safety guidelines.